Saturday 15 March 2014

Hysteria @ Maison Bertaux Gallery


This Wednesday, I had the chance to attend the Hysteria art preview at my favourite patisserie in London, Maison Bertaux. To be honest, when I was invited by my friend who works in Maison Bertaux, I didn't expect much as I actually have no idea who are those artist. When I arrived, the first picture that catch my eyes is the collage pop art by Collagism, Aida Wilde and Shuby which has a strong 50's glamour in it.


Since then, I'm sure this gonna be fun! Having a glass of red with some delicious Maison Bertaux's éclair, I browsed though every artwork, and I really amazed by the rich, eye-feasting mix media art (actually quite crowded, I shall say 'squeezing through people and have a glance at art'). Here is my favourite picked.




After that, I went upstairs for the Jeffrey Disaster's artworks presentation. Actually at the window of Maison Bertaux, there is a teapot displayed at the shelf which is one of the work by Jeffrey Disaster. He painted calming, serene face on everything, vase, teapot, cup, music sheets, oil painting, everything! I'm quite fascinating with the impact of those works, it is such a silent bomb I would say. In his art, there is a kind of impact feeling but yet it feels zen. You must go and have a look, and you will know what I mean. Anyway, here is some of my personal favourite.



He cuts real money for this!



This is my favourite!




The exhibition will last until 15th June. You can go to Maison Bertaux, having a relaxing afternoon tea and looking at those artworks. If you like any artworks, you can purchase it, just simply ask anyone in the shop. 


No comments:

Post a Comment